- Readers & Healers
- About Us
East West Membership
Thank you for your interest in becoming a supporting member of East West! We depend on customer support to continue in our mission, and we hope this will be a mutually beneficial relationship.
Here's how it works:
- You become a member by making a monthly pledge—as little as $5 or as much as you like. You remain a member as long as the monthly payment remains in effect.
- The pledged money remains yours to spend, and we keep it on account for you as store credit at East West.
- In gratitude for the ongoing pledge, we contribute an additional 10% to your store credit. The more you give, the more you get. (That’s karma for you!)
- Any time you’re in the store, you can spend your store credit on anything you like—including special events, already-discounted sale items, etc.
- We’ll also have occasional special offers for members. We’ll announce these as they come up, so keep an eye on your email!
This is great if you’re a regular customer and want to get additional discounts. Or you could use it as a Christmas savings account, paying into it throughout the year and then having it ready to go (plus an extra 10%!) in December.
If that all sounds good, click here to sign up! Or read on if you have more questions.
Explain the 10% thing to me again?
Suppose you subscribe at a rate of $10 per month. You only pay the $10, but we add $11 to your account credit. If you pay $100, then you get $110 to spend.
Does my account credit ever expire?
How can I make my membership payments?
Right now, we are only able to handle this through PayPal, which will automatically process the charge for you each month.
How can I change my pledge amount, or cancel my membership?
You can do this any time you need to, directly through PayPal. See their instructions on how to cancel a recurring payment. To change the amount, simply cancel, and then sign up again with the correct amount. Let us know if you need further help with it.
Can I use my credit on the website, e.g. for event tickets, or book orders?
No, payment by account credit can only be handled in-store. If you want an event ticket, you can call us and we'll handle it over the phone. If you're ordering a book, you can select the "pick up and pay in store" option instead of paying online and having it shipped.
Is account credit combinable with other discounts?
Yes. So if an item is 20% off, you can pay the discounted price with your credit. The 10% membership discount is already rolled into the amount of credit you have, so you effectively have about a 30% discount on this item.
What if I have other questions?
Just let us know and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!